PLE forum
Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Printable Version

+- PLE forum (https://www.forum.ple4win.nl)
+-- Forum: Support (https://www.forum.ple4win.nl/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Ple4Win User Interface (https://www.forum.ple4win.nl/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 (/thread-633.html)

Pages: 1 2

Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - shaswin - 15-02-2020

Affected version: Ple4Win Professional 4.6.1

Hello,

The auto toggling function from Identifier to AX-L doesn't work in the new Ple4Win version when importing from Excel.
I have attached the Excel import file.

Can this version be patched as soon as possible?

Thanks.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Dr. J Foerster - 17-02-2020

Could you please elaborate? I imported your Excel-file into a new, empty project file without any problems (using multi-table import).
As far as I can see only the DEADW and SUBSIDE tables use AX-L based data, and both tables are toggles correctly after import from Excel.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - shaswin - 17-02-2020

Yes, I have AX-L in the DEADW and SUBSIDE.

[attachment=1009]

[attachment=1010]

[attachment=1011]

This issue doesn't occurs in version v4.6.0, but only in v4.6.1.

I am using Windows 10 Pro v1909 with the 11 February 2020 patch.
I have tested it on two machines and got the same error.

This happens also with other Excel import files.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Dr. J Foerster - 17-02-2020

We have to look into this. So far, this behaviour is not reproducible here. I'll keep you informed.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - shaswin - 18-02-2020

Maybe it has to do with regional settings. My current regional setting in the OS is NL-NL (Dutch). Or maybe it has to do with points and commas.
I think, the behaviour before the moment of auto-toggling should be checked in the source and especially the source change between version 4.6.0 and 4.6.1.

According to the changelogs, these changes are made regarding to importing Excel files:
• Single table Excel import now does select appropriate sheet (if available)
• Speed improvements with import of (large) Excel tables
• Importing (single) table toggles the table according to the Excel contents, even if a double-toggle-column table

I think, maybe the speed improvements are rejecting the auto-toggling. Maybe the speed improvement before auto-toggling should be decreased and afterwards increased.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Dr. J Foerster - 18-02-2020

All the ideas you mentioned are considered by us. None of those should influence the auto-toggling (column headers are evaluated, not the data itself), but apparently something does happen. We are still  searching...

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Dr. J Foerster - 28-02-2020

I'm still not able to reproduce this issue, still I assigned ticket no J-2370 to this problem.

I am working on some improvements that might help but without a way of testing these I can not guarantee that these will improve the program's behaviour in your case.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - shaswin - 28-02-2020

I will checked it again.

I installed also the latest Cumulative Update (CU) of yesterday for Windows 10 v1909 build CU is 18363.693 (KB article: KB4535996).
The issue still exists here and can be reproduced.

Rewriting the code might help.

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - shaswin - 06-03-2020

Hello,

There is another issue when importing a Excel file (see attached file, which is created by Ple4Win 4.6.1) into Ple4Win v4.6.0.

Some tables are not fully imported with the import module, see screenshot below:

[attachment=1013]

[attachment=1014]

RE: Major bug: auto toggling doesn't work in Ple4Win v4.6.1 - Dr. J Foerster - 06-03-2020

Is this last addition somehow connected to this thread?

Again the problem is that it is not (yet) reproducible here. I tried importing your file through multiple ways (full mult-table import, selected tabels only in multi-table import, single table import), but the import is always complete, there is no (column) data missing.

We will look into this further, but this is some fleeting bug Sad